SOLITEX Resource Library
Pro Clima SOLITEX exterior membranes are leading the way to higher performance and better energy efficiency in North American construction. SOLITEX products offer unmatched waterproofing, airtightness and outward drying potential for all types of projects. Their exceptional strength and durability make them suitable not only as housewraps or weather resistant barriers (WRBs) - but also as "sarking" membranes for vapor open roof assemblies.
We now stock six different SOLITEX products in our US and Canadian warehouses, with several available in both standard and double-wide sizes. There's a lot to know about each of these membranes, so we've put tog14ether this resource library to put all the important information right at your fingertips - for newcomers and experienced builders alike.
SOLITEX MENTOSOLITEX MENTO 1000 and MENTO PLUS are our most popular exterior membranes - offering the best combination of vapor open performance and affordability for most projects. They are widely used on walls and roofs, with or without sheathing, and with most types of exterior cladding. MENTO 1000 is used for most applications, but MENTO PLUS is substituted when the membrane is also called upon to support dense pack insulation, without exterior sheathing.
For roof underlayment over sheathing, we recommend SOLITEX Mento 3000 Connect. This is a very rugged 3-ply roof underlayment membrane with high resistance to wear, temperature and driving rain. It includes two integrated "Connect" self-adhesive strips for perfect airtight seals at overlaps, saving on both install time and tape.
The following two links will help you understand how the MENTO system functions:
Here's why SOLITEX Mento is more reliable than the Zip System:
Additional SOLITEX products
- SOLITEX FRONTA QUATTRO - for open joint rainscreens
- SOLITEX FRONTA HUMIDA - for reservoir claddings
- SOLITEX UM - with added 3-D mesh for integrated venting
Note: These products are not reinforced for support of dense pack insulation and should only be used over sheathing, or over open studs with batt insulation.
SOLITEX Installation Guides
- SOLITEX MENTO 1000 / FRONTA QUATTRO / FRONTA HUMIDA - fastened over sheathing or studs with batt insulation (no unsupported dense pack)
- SOLITEX MENTO PLUS - fastened over studs (no sheathing) for supporting dense pack insulation
SOLITEX - Related blog posts
- Sealing screws, nails under battens - TESCON NAIDECK to the rescue (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS)
- Can't vent at valleys and dormers? Use a smart vapor retarder (not foam)
- Blow-in-Fiberglass Between Airtight Pro Clima Membranes is High Performance Insulation
Project Spotlights featuring SOLITEX membranes
- 475 On-Site: Vapor-Open Straw Bale with Vermont Natural Homes (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS + MENTO 1000) (video included)
- 475 On-Site: Habitat for Humanity, Washington DC (SOLITEX MENTO PLUS)
- 475 Video: Sauna uses SOLITEX Fronta Quattro and DA